Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The Secret To Boxing? Developing Solid Fundamentals In Your Boxing Training

I listened to an interview with Colt's Coach Tony Dungy today on ESPN. Dungy commented on how well coached the Patriots are, and how well the basics are deep-rooted in their play.

Dungy stated, Their so fundamentally sound, you can't do mistakes, and they're so good fundamentally, they do you to do mistakes.

It's the same in boxing. I retrieve meeting and talking with celebrated boxing trainer Teddy Atlas about fundamentals.

Teddy railroad trains his combatants to be flawless in technique. The rudiments are covered over and over again. Atlas have his new combatants work on ft work and ring motion for up to four hebdomads before instruction them to punch!

Teddy told me on how impatient some of his combatants can get. They desire to larn it all.. NOW.. Teddy cognizes that you can't acquire ahead of yourself when preparation fighters. Boxing preparation is meant to learn skill. To ingrain flawless and buttocks kicking technique. If you can't make the rudiments well, why move on? This looks to be lacking a batch nowadays.

I use the same doctrine in preparation my fighters. We develop sound fundamentals. We don't do stupid mistakes. When old school trainers come up up to me and remark on how good my combatants technique looks in their fights, I take that to bosom and cognize I'm doing my job.

So managers and fighters, don't underestimate the basics. Solid rudiments alone can win you fights.

Don't acquire ahead of yourselves and make a batch of things good. Develop the basics so tin construct an daunting foundation, and make many things great!

No comments: